McGuire Program Application Information
The highly acclaimed McGuire Entrepreneurship Program is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Attendance at a fall information session is mandatory for undergraduate applicants and strongly suggested for graduate students. Exceptions to information session attendance will be made only in extraordinary circumstances. To request an individual information session, contact Julie Forster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit application materials directly to Julie Forster at email@example.com. The email subject heading should read: McGuire Program Application_YourName.
To be considered for the program, students must submit the following four documents in PDF format. File names should include your last name and the document type. For example: Forster_Resume.pdf, Forster_Transcript.pdf
- Cover Letter that addresses the following: “Why I should be accepted into the McGuire Program.” (two single-spaced pages maximum)
- Unofficial Transcript (this can be download from UAccess)
- Application Form. Please create a document with the following information. All fields are required.
- Full Name
- Student ID Number
- Undergraduates: Major/Minor
- Graduates: Field of Study
- Cumulative GPA
- Current GPA
- Major GPA (See How to calculate your major GPA)
- Honors program student (Yes/No)
- Number of credit hours completed at time of application
- Optional: Briefly explain any trends in your GPA
Applications are due by Jan. 20, 2014.
McGuire Entrepreneurship Program participants are selected based on their individual applicant profile, and as compared to the overall applicant pool. There is not any one element that speaks more to an applicant’s viability — it is the combined information set.
Students will be notified of acceptance by March 1, 2013.