Innovative Approaches to the Business of Nonprofits
The Non-Profit Leadership Certificate is a professional development program offered by the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship and Eller Social Innovation. Jointly taught by Eller College of Management faculty and community non-profit leaders, the Non-Profit Leadership Certificate provides participants with the business skills and innovative mindset necessary to meet today's challenges and lead organizations through uncertain and changing contexts.
All sessions will be held from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm, with a graduation luncheon on the last day from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.
The sessions will take place in the Muzzy Entrepreneurship and Innovation Lab, McClelland Hall 113, 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721.
The cost for the Certificate Program is $125 per person.
Organizations are encouraged to send multiple people in order to achieve the biggest impact.
Seats are limited, so register now by clicking the tab below:
1/25/2019: NextGen Leadership: Creating a Culture of Innovation, Trust and Empowerment
- Co-facilitators: Peggy Hutchison, CEO Primavera Foundation, and Stephen Gilliland, Executive Director Center for Management Innovations in Healthcare
2/15/2019:Cultivating Well-being and Ensuring Self Care: Keys to Thriving in the Non-Profit World
3/15/2019: What Program Managers Need to Know About Accounting and Finance
- Co-facilitators: Michael McDonald, CEO, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, and TBD.
4/12/2019: Using Lean Launch Principles to Measure Impact: How Do You Know Your Work is Making a Difference?
- Co-facilitators: Heather Hiscox, Co-founder & Co-director, Social Impact Programs, Moves the Needle, and Rick Yngve, Interim Director, McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship and Director, Eller Social Innovation
Who Should Attend?
The Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program was developed for mid-level nonprofit leaders in dynamic and challenging business environments, but senior and emerging leaders will also benefit from these business leadership concepts.
The program launched in 2016, and 98% of current graduates report that they would recommend it to their colleagues.
- Leverage key business principles to strengthen your leadership and organization
- Learn how to cultivate resilience in your team with optimism and positivity
- Harness the power of innovation and engagement to drive adaptability and change
- Apply techniques used by successful entrepreneurs to enhance impact
- Sharpen your understanding of key financial information to drive more effective decision making
- Understand how to empower and engage your stakeholders
- Develop tools and solutions for your biggest challenges