2018 Social Impact Pitch Competition
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship's Social Impact Pitch Competition will feature six finalists. Awards will be given for the best new nonprofit or social venture startup idea. Prizes include $25,000 in cash awards; first place $15,000 and second $10,000.
Social impact proposals should focus on new solutions to a social problem or cultural need that is more effective, more efficient, or just more sustainable than present solutions. The value that is generated should primarily be for society as a whole rather than private individuals.
Individuals and organizations are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to applicants from Arizona or those that have a significant connection to Arizona. The focus of this competition is on new startup opportunities for social impact - whether as an independent entity or as part of a larger organization. The competition is not focused on proposals centered on scaling existing programs or services (for example: adding staff within an existing nonprofit program to expand the number served).
The competition is designed to help people take their idea to the next level. Whether your social impact will be a program, product or service, you can apply.
The pitch competition will be judged based on:
- Social impact/return on mission
- Scalability of impact/innovation
- Sustainability of program/venture
Finalists are strongly encouraged to attend a Finalist Pitch Preparation Workshop.
- Monday, October 8 - Social Impact Pitch Applications Due by 5:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9 - Finalists announced by 12:00pm
Finalist Pitch Preparation Workshops
- Wednesday, October 10 - McClelland Hall Rm 202k - 6pm-7pm - Zoom Conference Available
Social Impact Pitch Competition
- Thursday, October 18 - 6:30 p.m. at Tucson Convention Center, 260 S Church Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701