When you build a new venture from the ground up in the McGuire Entrepreneurship Program, you learn to build the future you imagine.
McGuire Entrepreneurship Program students team up and collaborate to build the future they imagine.
The McGuire Program is an exciting, challenging, and engaging yearlong academic experience open to University of Arizona undergraduate and graduate students from all fields of study.
Learn the principles of entrepreneurship and innovation through the hands-on process of taking an innovation from an early-stage idea to a viable venture. Our pioneering curriculum, hands-on mentoring, and unique collaborations will empower you to develop a new way to thinking, a new way of learning, and a new model for action. By the time you complete the McGuire Program, you'll be armed with the skills necessary to apply principles of entrepreneurship and innovation in any field.
The McGuire Experience:
- Build a new venture from the ground up in one year
- Team up with students from other fields of study
- Work closely with experienced entrepreneurship mentors, legal advisors, industry experts & investors
- Participate in new venture competitions
The McGuire Program will prepare you to:
- Launch new ventures
- Take leadership roles at startups
- Do corporate entrepreneurship
- Work at venture capital firms
- Get competitive offers from top employers
All students admitted into the competitive-entry McGuire Program take Venture Development I & II to receive the full McGuire Experience.
|ECON 534: Industrial Analysis and New Venture Development (Venture Development I)||Tuesdays 3:30- 6:15 p.m. / Thursdays 3:30-4:45 p.m.|
|MGMT 539: Planning of New Ventures (Venture Development II)||Tuesdays 3:30- 6:15 p.m.|
Some students may elect to take additional coursework to receive an official status on their transcripts.
Learn more by selecting your student type below.
- Eller Undergraduate Students: Entrepreneurship Double Major
- Undergraduate Students from colleges outside of Eller: Certificate in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Development
- MBA Students: Entrepreneurship Concentration
- Doctoral Students: Applied Doctoral Minor in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
To learn more about the McGuire Entrepreneurship Program, visit the McGuire Program website at mcguireexperience.com.