The McGuire New Venture Development Program is open to UA undergraduate and graduate students from all fields of study.
Students in this yearlong, team-based program learn the principles of entrepreneurship and innovation through the hands-on process of building an innovation from early-stage idea to launch-ready venture. Find out if the McGuire Program is right for you!
Learn the principles of entrepreneurship and innovation, which will empower you to develop a new way to thinking, a new way of learning, and a new model for action. By the time you complete the McGuire NVD Program, you will be armed with the skills necessary to become a game changer in any field.
The McGuire Experience:
- Build a new venture from the ground up in one year
- Team up with students from other fields of study
- Work closely with experienced Entrepreneurs in Residence, mentors, legal advisors, industry experts and investors
- Participate in new venture competitions
The McGuire Program will prepare you to:
- Launch new ventures
- Take leadership roles at startups
- Do corporate entrepreneurship
- Work at venture capital firms
- Get competitive offers from top employers
All students admitted into the competitive-entry McGuire Program take Venture Development I & II
Fall Semester: Venture Development I
Undergraduate Students: ENTR 487 New Venture Development & Industry Analysis
Graduate Students: ENTR 534 Industrial Analysis and New Venture Development
Tuesdays (Section 1) 3:30- 4:45 p.m.
Tuesdays (Section 2) 5:00-6:15 p.m.
Spring Semester: Venture Development II
Undergraduate Students: ENTR 484 Development of New Venture Plans
Graduate Students: MGMT 539 Planning of New Ventures
|Tuesdays 3:30- 6:15 p.m.|
*New for Engineering Students: Some UA College of Engineering Departments now allows students to participate in the McGuire NVD Program in place of a senior design project. For more information, talk to your engineering advisor.
Some students may elect to take additional coursework to receive an official status on their transcripts.
- Eller Undergraduate Students: Entrepreneurship Double Major
- Undergraduate Students from colleges outside of Eller: Certificate in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Development
- MBA Students: Entrepreneurship Concentration
- Doctoral Students: Applied Doctoral Minor in Entrepreneurship & Innovation